

## **Minutes of Eurypaa Advisory Board: Skype meeting – 27/12/2012**

\*This took place between the minutes of 19.02- 21.06.

**Matt:** Quick overview of meeting - Moving of money? What's Eurypaa's financial situation? We need to decide the best financial base for Eurypaa. Our treasurer Frederick has been unavailable for comment. He'll be spoken to very soon because we need to know what's happening.

**Morten:** (speaking via a bad connection from a far out place) I've been working with Matt on this [financial stuff] – \*\*\*\*\*

**Matt:** Have you spoken to Christian?

**Morten:** No. Present financial status of EURYPAA board treasury: Frederick has 22,000 DK.

**Albert:** Status of EURYPAA Board page: <http://eurypaa.org/site/> You can log in via Facebook.

**Vivian:** Is this for the board or the convention itself?

**Albert:** Board only.

**Vivian:** What's the story with this Christian character and the current status of the Host city web page?

**Matt:** Good question, we need to know in 5 days if he's going to contribute something. Board webpage, links, supports, contacts, past hotel refs. Separate from host city on site.

**Johanna:** In relation to Outreach, I spoke to Johanna and Paula. I asked you all in one of those extensive Facebook messages – where you want to Outreach? You must get back to me. It's stated in the by-laws that I've got the authority to appoint Outreach areas to board members. In need of webpage; I'm meeting Johanna and Paula next week to discuss details.

**Matt:** Johanna will you contact board members.

**Johanna:** No, board members can contact me! We need clearer communication on this. More help is needed. If you print flyers you have to contact Vivian.

**Matt:** We're behind on the website and paying out money. Anders will you get a hold of Christian (and gently strangle him).

**Michelle:** I'll do plenty of Outreach around Galway. There's a provincial convention soon, so I'll print out flyers and spread the word.

**Matt:** Good. Well done on speaking to the Irish GSO, Michelle.

**Patrick:** London YPAA have had workshops and are building a YP momentum. There's a regional convention on the same weekend as Sacncypaa and there's a lot of Outreach planned.

**Matt:** Are London interested in hosting Eurypaa?

**Patrick:** Yes, we've had Londypaa. There's been a lot of interest. There will be a bid - it's almost definite.

**Vivian:** Firstly, I just want to thank everyone. The Doleman Hotel were hard to deal with (we've held a vigil for their hotel manager). They've kind of had our head over a barrel in some respects. The Suncrest Hotel is offering a discount on rooms booked before the end of March. 400 people max. On the website I tried to convey this information to Christian. I was wondering about the transfer of the domain [eurypaa.org](http://eurypaa.org) – who will own it? Will it belong to AA Malta or the Eurypaa board? Also wondering about printing and budgeting for it? Postage can be expensive.

**Matt:** I suggest that people going to different conventions just print them off and get them out there.

**Vivian:** But what about the website?

**Matt:** Just put the Facebook URL on the flyers for now. What about other places like Berlin, Belgium, Frankfurt, and Paris?

**Johanna:** Paris is not ready and Berlin isn't either. The Netherlands wanted something to attract young people into recovery. It was suggested that they host Eurypaa. It just seems to be a huge challenge.

**Matt:** We need to be very clear on what it takes to host Eurypaa. We need to inform people in greater detail.

**Patrick:** Yes, barriers need to be broken down. Hosting Eurypaa is not just a "one off" but a long term investment in YPAA.

**Jimmy:** What do you think of proposing Galway, Michelle?

**Michelle:** I think we need more time to invest in the prospect. It would be difficult and expensive to get a hotel for such an event in summer. It's also a bit away from airports. I fear that it may end up like another Niamh situation.

**Matt:** Don't worry, what happened to Niamh will not happen again. We have a board now.

**Johanna:** That cannot ever happen again – ever. We make decisions together. No one person is left to do so much work alone.

**Matt:** Okay, so what about this personal transfer of monies from Frederick to Vivian (Vivian never got any money).

**Vivian:** I'll put the money in a Eurypaa bank a/c here in Malta. They'll probably ask for by-laws.

**Matt:** Both myself and Morten were advised in a recent meeting the Continental European Region (CER) Treasurer Kate and consultative opinions and details regarding setting up the future financial base for EURYPAA. Also, we need to get money to Malta very soon. In relation to where we are going to base our banking in Europe with European signatories (We cannot have an American signatory because we'll have the IRS chasing us for a slice of the cake). We want to minimise headaches on this: 'keep it simple'.

**Michelle:** So the money is in a personal a/c?

**Matt:** Yes, it was the best place to keep it at the time.

**Michelle:** What's the status of the proposed new a/c?

**Vivian:** It'll be a non-profit organisation a/c, not too dissimilar from a sports club a/c.

**Johanna:** Who can sign? 2 signatories needed?

**Vivian:** Current a/c requires 3 signatories. However, 2 out of 3 for check book.

**Matt:** What kind of a/c should it be? Bearing in mind we need something easy and accessible.

**Vivian:** Okay, we'll look into it in more detail.

**Matt:** Great, more info to follow. Albert when will the site be ready?

**Albert:** The design needs to be approved; information for bidding.

**Matt:** Add hosting docs to it. Can everyone take a look at it

<http://eurypaa.org/site/>. [This link was sent in IM box on Skype].

**Matt:** What about the Facebook PIN for convention details and updates?

**Johanna:** We need to appoint admin from the board. There are 10 people on the board. Assign administrators.

**Albert:** I'm the only one.

**Matt:** Send things to Albert and he'll upload them.

**Jimmy:** I suggest that Albert add a few more admin instead of taking it all on by himself.

**Matt:** Who are our friends on it?

**Johanna:** (Assertively). Someone added people. Now, who was it? Come on, own up, (sensing the culprit is male) or I'll squeeze your testicles very hard.

**Albert:** (Shrugs). It was me.

**Matt:** What do we think?

**Johanna:** This can cause problems with anonymity.

**Michelle:** I agree. This creates obvious anonymity concerns. I think it should be a closed group.

**Albert:** You can maintain your privacy/anonymity on what you communicate on the page.

**Matt:** It's a tool to communicate as a board.

**Johanna:** Who can use it?

**Matt:** We can all use it. We should have trust.

**Albert:** How about we unfriend everyone?

**Matt:** (sensing this measure too erratic) Nah let's wait for a while.

**Jimmy:** A motion to suspend adding more people until further notice.

*Everyone: Votes.*

- Motion passed. No more adding the H-ungry, A-ngry, L-onely, T-ired [H.A.L.T.].

**Peter:** I want to know about active service? Mailing etc.

**Matt:** Great, have a word to Vivian and Johanna to get mailing up and running.

**Vivian:** What about the movement of pre-reg money?

**Matt:** That's set up to go to an a/c in Malta.

**Johanna:** I spoke to Morten on this, it's very easy. We can help you.

**Vivian:** No, no, I never got any cash/money from Frederick in CPH.

**Jimmy:** Why not just get a bank note and send it via registered post?

**Johanna:** We were informed that you got the money?

**Matt:** I don't really care how it done, once Vivian gets the money. Let's say we spend €25 each on flyers and then we'll get reimbursed in Malta. When we're giving out flyers may I suggest that we shake hands with recipients, smile and tell people the Eurypaa is in its 4<sup>th</sup> year now and going from strength to strength.

**Matt:** Board Archivist? (silence) Ok we might leave that one for the next day.

Regarding reviews - anything anybody wants to review? Well, review it!

Board meeting time in Malta? Friday. Yes, the first day of the convention. Make that your goal.

**Jimmy:** What about the suggestion we made in CPH? It'd be great to meet up before the convention begins. We'd have more time to enjoy the convention?

**Patrick:** I'll be in Malta before Friday and would prefer to not overlap our meeting with the convention time.

**Johanna:** I need to know. I want to make plans. This is what service is all about. We should be there as a board when the convention is on.

**Matt:** Don't worry you'll be given 3 months' notice about the time of the first meeting.

**Patrick:** The majority in Denmark did say it would be good to have a board meeting the day before the convention?

**Matt:** We can meet up casually before the convention, but business meetings will take place at the convention.

**Albert:** I can be there whenever; a month before if necessary.

**Ends**